Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Patriarchial Blessing

I received my patriarchial blessing on Sunday, and it quickly came today. It is the most amazing thing I have ever read. The Spirit is so strong in my blessing, and the amazing thing is I am the only one who has this blessing. There are others who receive their blessings, but mine is one of a kind. When I first listened to the words that were said there were certain things that stuck out, and today different things are sticking out. I am so blessed to have this guide in my life, and I need to stay strong in order for me to receive the blessings.

I am a convert. I was baptized when I was 17 years old, and I always wanted to get my patriarchial blessing. It wasn't until just recently that I felt that I was finally ready to have it. I have gone through many trials in the past, but they have only made me stronger, and going through these trials has brought me closer to my Father in Heaven. I am feeling so fantastic right now. It's almost a high having all of these opportunities for me, and it is truly special to me. Dustin went to the Patriarch's house with me, but he sat in the living room. I am glad he was willing to go since we have been separated for over two months. It meant a lot to me, and it made it that much more special.

No comments: