Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Honors Society Induction Ceremony

Last night was the Alpha Chi induction ceremony, and I was extremely nervous. I have been looking forward to this night for a long time now, and it is already over. I have been working really hard in school, and my hard work has paid off. I had five people at the ceremony to support me. After it was over Donna told me there were only 22 people in the crowd, and 5 of them were there for me. I am very grateful for such a supporting group of family and friends. Dennis, Donna, and Dustin were there, as well as my friends Elida and Brooke (who came at the last minute, and I am glad she was able to come).

During the ceremony, each one of the new inductees had to come up to the front, light their candle, repeat some words, which I have already forgot, and sign our names into the Alpha Chi book. We then had to shake hands with the presidency of the club, and sit down. After we were all sitting, we had to stand; that was when we were inducted into Alpha Chi. It was an awesome experience, and I am glad I was part of it. After the ceremony, we ate some food, and it was over. I received a certificate with my name on it, and a pin that I am supposed to wear this week when I am on campus. Overall it was a great night, other than my nervousness, and now I will be part of this society forever. What a great honor!

No comments: